Sabtu, 31 Oktober 2009

Pedro: “Guardiola gives me confidence”

Posted on 06.12 by the jack

FC Barcelona winger Pedro Rodriguez has come along leaps and bounds over the past several months, and the Tenerife-born youngster explained that this is due to the confidence he is getting from coach Pep Guardiola.

“I have more confidence because of the opportunities the coach is giving me, the minutes I am getting [on the pitch], and I’m also more more integrated with my teammates”.

pedro fc barcelona 06 10

However Pedro notes that despite his impressive statistics this season – he has scored a goal every 85 minutes he has been on the pitch, including winners against Shakhtar Donetsk in the Super Cup and Almería in La Liga – there is still room for improvement in his game.

Pedro commented that he made “many passes” failed to reach their target in the game against Almería on the weekend, and that his “tactical” position on the pitch could be better.

“I have to improve in several aspects,” he said, “such as taking on the opponent more and putting in better crosses with both legs. I try to improve myself day by day in training”.

Pedro’s place in the first team comes as more surprise given that he has largely kept superstar Thierry Henry out of the side. Although Henry has suffered one minor injury this season, it has also been Pedro’s impressive form that has kept the Frenchman on the bench. However Pedro simply explains that hs is “making the most of the opportunites,” while noting that Henry is “a very important player”.

No Response to "Pedro: “Guardiola gives me confidence”"

Leave A Reply